Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sheridan Police harass gun rights activist, terrorize his family during swat style confrontation

The Sheridan police are either unable to make proper judgment calls, or they believe in extreme authority opposite of constitutionally protected rights, you decide…

It was Sunday after spending the weekend in Sheridan for the local Tea Party, we were leaving the hotel to head back home, while driving only 100 yards away, there were two police officers coming up the hill on foot carrying AR-15 rifles.

As we approached them they stopped my vehicle and the officers yelled “put up your hands” to myself, wife and my little girl, then I was ordered to step out of my vehicle. (while armed of course)

The officer demanded my I.D. to which I responded “you aren’t getting anything, I didn’t break any law”.

The part that really sticks in my head is this- in one of his hands (Sgt. Kody Lamb) was an AR-15 Rifle and his other free hand shuttered like he was on an extreme adrenaline rush, I thought to myself he better keep his finger off the trigger.

I told Lamb “he had a duty to protect my rights and not act on the whim of a tourist that doesn’t know it’s legal to have firearms here”. I also asked him if he "read our Constitution”, Lamb said he was aware of what it said” then I said to him “didn’t you take an oath to uphold it?”

Then there's this- when the officer Sgt. Kody Lamb realizes he doesn’t have a beef, he threatens me with “disturbing the peace”. To which I responded “I was on private property with the owner’s consent”, and then Sgt. Kody Lamb stated it was a place frequented by the public.

This has become the norm, for police to twist things around when they want to bully someone.

I told Lamb “I want to speak to your supervisor”, Lamb responded with “I am the supervisor”, It was at this point that I knew the Peter Principle was in play, a philosophy that in a Hierarchy “Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence”.

Why would officers respond in this manner to a “man with gun call” when their own report states about me- “is not seeming to be a threat just standing there”.

Why didn’t they ask more questions BEFORE ARRIVING, like this simple one- Has he threatened anyone?

Hell no, let’s just storm in there because we have a badge, guns and adrenaline.

Maybe this is a response to my speech at the Sheridan Tea Party, by the way when we were setting up for the event, a police officer questioned me about the way I was carrying my firearm. (holstered, cocked and locked and in plain view) I told him I always carry this way. he responded to me with "That's not what I asked you" citing this “he had a duty to protect the public”. I later asked him how he felt about “concealed carry without a permit” like Arizona just passed into law, he said no one should be allowed to carry without a permit. Are you seeing the anti-gun police union agenda? You know the "only ones" mentality.

The next day after the incident the police refused to let me have the dispatch recordings unless, I "have a subpoena", also I was told that the police report wouldn’t be available for a week, but apparently they handed their reports over to the local newspaper within hours of telling me otherwise. Does any of this sound suspect?
I also contacted Evidence Technician Stephen Johnson inquiring about exactly what statute they are using to deny the dispatch recordings, he has refused to return my call.

Wyoming statute states that “the person in interest” is allowed to have access to the recordings, but the the City of Sheridan would rather flex their power. The City Attorney Mia Mikesell said "she didn’t have to cite statute" to me and "it was their policy" to ask for a Subpoena, she then hung up on me.

It is these lawless Bureaucrats, Police and Attorneys that are nipping away at the Republic on a daily basis.

The question is- are we going to be silent and just let it happen?

The City of Sheridan web-site says: they have been voted #1 Western Town of the Year for its truly special qualities…“Enjoy a frontier spirit that values friendship – and independence”, really? NOT SO MUCH!

Area Citizens should call and tell them you don’t appreciate this kind of treatment and expect more from the police officers that work for “we the people”.

Tourists- call them and tell them you will skip Sheridan, tourism dollars will be spent elsewhere.

Sheridan City Hall (307) 674-6483

Gun owners planning on visiting Wyoming-
Call the Governor’s office and tell him in this tight economy you don’t have to visit Wyoming.
Tell him Wyoming is the last place you expect to be harassed about firearms!
His number is: (307) 777-7434


Source

Photobucket




Public Notice

Zombie America is a PRO America blog simply relaying important information to the uninformed public so they may have all of the information to make the best decisions for them and their families. Zombie America is not asking for money, we're asking for all to simply look at the information our sources provide. Zombie America is not, in any way, connected to, or supportive of, any person(s) who engage in violent acts towards anyone or anything, for any reason. Zombie America is not, and will never be, associated with, or support, any person(s) who are involved with any kind of religious, extremist, occultist, terrorist organizations. Zombie America is not responsible for any person(s) who may read this blog. Zombie America is not anti government. Zombie America is anti corruption. Zombie America's posts consist of information copied from other sources and a source link is provided for the reader. Zombie America is not responsible for any of the authors’ content. Parental discretion is advised.

Zombie America is exercising the 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech. Those who attempt to hinder this right to free speech will be held accountable for their actions in a court of law.